Job Search Strategies
Last Wednesday (Calendar)
Grace Presbyterian Church
1705 Gattis School Road
Martha Roberts PHR SHRM-CP
Address the key issues faced by job seekers to help you reach a successful conclusion, a good job offer, more quickly:
- Getting your mind right. You need to be ready to look to be successful.
- Getting good. You need to improve your job search, and possibly some job related skills.
- Getting busy. Finding a job is work in and of itself.
- Getting known. Network, network, network!
- Getting paid. Land the job, negotiate the best offer you can.
A targeted marketing plan can help you document what you want and help you implement your strategy to achieve it.
You can find a sample Marketing Plan and a template you can use here. The format is far less important than the content of the plan, so if you have a different template, feel free to use it.
To research local companies that you may be interested in, the Round Rock Library offers access to the Reference USA database through their on-line portal. Learn to use Reference USA by attending one of their training webinars or viewing material in their Learning Center here.